Mr. Charudatta Kahu
Center for Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh Studies
Mobile : 9922946774
Email : email@example.com
Educational Qualifications: M.Sc. Mathematics
B.Sc. (Maths, Geology, Chemistry)
Bachelor of Mass Communication
Address: Plot No. 14, Konark Kedar Apartment, S-E Railway Colony, Lay-out No. 2, Ranapratap Nagar, Nagpur: 440022
Positions held: Tarun Bharat News Paper Associate Editor.
Position as a staff journalist for a major metropolitan newspaper.
Outstanding record of achievements in co-coordinating Sunday Supplement, Women supplement, Youth supplement and Teenagers supplement of Tarun Bharat, 6 pages weekly supplement “Vidarbharang” of Loksatta & successfully brought out 7 Diwali issues (Diwali Anka) in magazine form. Instrumental in launching new Marathi Daily `Lokshahi Varta’ from Nagpur and `Bharatwani’ Hindi weekly of `Tarun Bharat’ publication from Nagpur
Late Aravindbabu Deshmukh award for Investigative Journalism(Story regarding pollution of Maloo Paper Mill)
Vidarbha Sahitya Sangh’s award for achievements in Journalism
Councilor for the journalism course at C.P.& Berar College, Nagpur, which runs Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open Universities course from last 20 years.
Organized seminars & workshops for journalism students.
Planned and executed various occasional supplements, Advertorial Supplements, Brand events, Training programs & In-house activities.
Current Position: Associate Editor in Tarun Bharat, Marathi Daily from Nagpur
- Responsible for main desk activities
- Co-ordinating with four supplements
- Appointments of Editorial staff
- Co-ordinating with moffucil, City reporting and main desk
- Editorial Writing, Column Writing
- News selection & placement
- News editing & Photo selection
- Time table and duty allotment of the staff
- Filed many investigative stories, human interested stories & soft stories
- Expertise in translation from English to Marathi language
- Master in Page layouts & editing (Awarded for best Headings & Layouts)
- Organized personality development camps
Popular columns published:
* Athavdyache Chayachitra – Poetic caption to Weekly off- beat photographs
* Ha Maza Marga Ekala – Features on great personalities in Vidarbha
* Lokdarshan – Regarding day to day life in foreign countries. Covered 40 countries.
* Vivah Sanskar – Rituals & traditions of marriages of different Cast, creeds & religion
* Sanstha Vritta – Profile of popular and worthwhile institutions
* Lajjat – Eating Habits of various sections of society
* Desh –Pradesh – Editorial comment on burning and current topics in Various Indian states
* Madhyam –Madhyam – analysis of media coverage to various national, International events.
* Tisara Dola – critical analysis of current happening around world
* Teaching News Reporting, Editing, Feature Writing
* Paper setter at YCMOU, Nasik and Amravati University for Journalism
* Paper Examiner at YCMOU, Nasik and Amravati University for Journalism
* Organized many study tours for the students of journalism.
* Instrumental in bringing out model paper of 4 pages every year as a practical for the student.
* Former Executive Member, Nagpur Union of working journalist.
* Former Executive Member, Maharashtra Union of working journalist.
* Former Secretary – Nagpur Shramik Patrakar Sangh Gruhanirman Sanstha (Niyojit) which has 250 members.
* Former Secretary – Jammu Kashmir Study Centre, Nagpur Chapter
- Brought out Media directory for Nagpur division, which was released by hands of His Excellency, The Chief Minister of Maharashtra honourable Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh.
- Member of the fact finding committee regarding malnutrition deaths in Melghat region.
- Social Affiliation : Secretary, Vasundhara Samaj Darpan an NGO, which is spreading Message of Wall Magazines in the parts of Vidarbha. This is the institution, which has formed Wall magazines Editorial Boards of 10 students in many colleges.
- Launched an innovative program namely language adoption program under the banner of Vasundhara Samaj Darpan with the help of many linguistic institutions.
- Organized many Vidarbha level seminars for the Students to improve their reading & writing skills.
- Affiliated to Rashtrasanta Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur Universities National Service Scheme (N.S.S.)
- Member of Samarthan an NGO (Mumbai based Organization) working for human rights.
- participated in Akashwani Nagpur programs.
Publications : `Charchche Vastav’ (चर्चचे वास्तव), Marathi book related to functioning of Church, published by Vijay prakashan, Nagpur